Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The St. Louis Baseball Cardinals and the curse of the bobblehead

So Zim's on the DL the week of his bobblehead night. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Da Meat was on the DL when his Chinese made wobbly miniaturized likeness was given away. A coincidence? Kearns' must be next.

The big O Perez throws against Phillies cast-off Kyle Loshe tonight. Wonder if Pujols can hit the Red Loft?

At the urging of a commenter, I spent some time reading the Post's S-T-B-N-GNP (soon-to-be-named-Gaylord-Nationals-Park, hat-tip to Scoreboard Scotty) blog and came across this entry on ushers. Of all the lousy STBNGNP experiences I've had, this isn't one of them. The ushers - a few I ever remember from our beloved RFK - have always been professional.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently have observed the curse of the Bobble myself - and it goes back farther. First year of bobbles - Jose Guilan (remember him?) returns off of DL just in time for his bobble game and was never the same the rest of the season. End result - Nats let him walk. He's, currntly hiting .282, 11hr, 49rbi, for KC. Would look awfully good in our lineup this year, huh?. Chad Cordero bobble night corresponds to the beginning of his slide from reliable uber-closer to "where is he now?".