Friday, May 15, 2009

Once, I was all messed up on losing

You ever have a friend that's messed up on drugs, liquor, Jesus or all three? For a while they handle it, but you start to see the beginnings of the death spiral. Maybe you ignore them or deny they are happening. But when your friend ends up in rehab or a Promise Keeper or both, you look back and finally see the warning signs in the harsh light of day.

I think that's where this franchise is headed. They seem so focused on the plan so damn everything else. Kasten must think that since he did it in Atlanta, it's going to work here. Sorry - Atlanta is a different market entirely and what worked there may not work in DC. It's also a very different time. As I've said previously, he's losing a generation of fans by not spending money on players they need now to be a .500 team. We don't want a contender - we just don't want the worst team in baseball. Until they crawl out of the cellar, I've got no interest in going (now that the streak is over). And according to this morning's Post, I'm not alone.

2 comments:

DMan said...

Sounds like Dave Sheinin has been reading DMan's posts to me. This year is proof positive the new park is LAME. They came, they saw, they said "No reason to come back here until the team is good". Hopefully, this is my last dig at the new park. My great disappointment in it was last year's crusade, and like it or not, I know I have to move on. We do have to show up or we'll lose another team. Adjust your expectations and the losing can be fun.

Joe Webster said...

I disagree and refuse to "embrace the suck." The bullpen is a joke that isn't funny and they did it again tonight. Manny should have left Lannan in.