Saturday, May 16, 2009

Montreal, please claim your belongings in the lost and found

I read through the post-mortem comments on the NJ blog this morning and a number of the late ones struck me. They seem to be folks who attended the game and went out of their way to comment on the bad service. The worst team in baseball's horrible bullpen just blew another game in monumental fashion and they felt compelled to point out that the fan experience still stinks.

This ownership makes me like Snyder more and more. At least he understands that the fan experience is an important component of his team...maybe too much sometimes. As much as I hate Giants Stadium South, I tend to enjoy myself once there and never have a problem getting a beer or food.

The Lerner/Kastens have no sense of this. Running Presidents, video games and batting cages are great but if a season ticket holder can't get a hot dog, who cares? The marketing department - the one who gave us Nats Town - seems utterly oblivious to this PR disaster.

No comments: