Monday, May 12, 2008

No more fireworks during the Anthem

OK, so this was problem at RFK too, but it has gotten worse. From my section out in 142, it feels like I have been hit with a concussion grenade. The explosions during the National Anthem resonate, and destroy any fine performances I might otherwise enjoy.
I can live with the rockets red glare, but give me a break on the bombs bursting. It takes what is sometimes a nice rendition, and ruins it. I get especially annoyed when this happens on special days, where the Anthem is meant to honor those that lost their lives. The explosions damage the experience, as the Nats take a moment of honor and try to spice it up.
Even Orioles fans had the good sense not to yell "O" during a few special moments.(Post 9/11 or the All-Star game)
So stop the explosions during the Anthem. This is a change that needs to happen everywhere, but let's stop it in DC first. Let's not cheapen the National Anthem with explosions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Worst. Blog. Ever.