Friday, May 30, 2008

Mail Bag

Sorry it's been awhile, we've been busy with our day jobs of maintaining the unofficial Joan Jett online fanzine. And no, it's not another blog. IT'S A FANZINE.

Well, our fanbase continues to expand as fast as Meat Hook's waist. Just today we received this pleasant note:

Wah, I want my nachos said...

I love the editorial "we"; don't lose it.

I, too, miss RFK. But I miss "anonymous" more. . .

We couldn't agree more. Anonymous...come back.

Now on to business. Went to the Sunday game last weekend against the Brewers. 33K+ in soon to be named Gaylord Nationals Park. Given the time of the game, I had already eaten so I can't bellyache about the food lines, which according to a friend sitting in 405 we as abysmal as usual. But those tepid hot dogs are so damned tasty after a 25 minute wait.

I CAN however bitch about the lines and service at the Base Line Brews behind 139. Partial to the oddly served (Leinenkugel? Really? You can't just re-brand Dominion like everyone else?) but nonetheless tasty Home Run Ale, I endured a 15 minute wait. Granted, it was my choice...I could have stayed in my seats and downed a Miller Lite like a normal person, but then I couldn't regale my audience with stories of inconvenience AND I would eventually have to vomit my soul for putting that crap in my system. Now, if they would only serve High Life dammit.

The next game on the plan is a weekday against the Cards so I doubt we'll have too many gripes. Weeknight games against teams from small markets aren't usually big draws, but who knows? It is intern season.

No comments: