Thursday, July 10, 2008

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat

First, the defeat. All year long I've been drowning my belly-aching, whiny-ass sorrows with a 16oz souvenir cup filled with Home Run Ale from the Baseline Brews behind section 137 for the low, low price of $7.50. Not really a "deal" but not exorbitant either. Well last night, right as the game was starting, I went for the usual and lo and behold, the Nats' MBA's got to 'em and made them put the "premium" beer in the smaller, clear plastic cups and reserved the red white and blue souvenir cups for the mass-produced swill.

I'm sure the $.09 per beer savings will add up to C.C. Sabathia.

Now the victory. As I've been saying all season: Nobody better mess with the Jesus. Lannan looked good, Micha (not Bowie) Owings did not. Hence the 5 - 0 shutout of a first place, albeit sub-.500, team.

As for the injuries. Someone with more time than me needs to start looking at strength and conditioning coaches that we can grab. Wonder if the guy at the Caps could make the jump over to baseball. I'd like to see a few baseball players as tough as hockey players...just not as dumb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus (not Flores) would you shut the hell up already? You're one of those microbrew swilling yuppies that wear a tie to the game arent you?

Just drink Miller Lite for chrissakes.